Experienced & Apprentice Print Finishers
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice Print Finisher has arisen at Ancient House Printing Group. The apprentice will learn all aspects of the printing industry and gain invaluable experience within a respected family run business.
You will learn the following techniques:
· Paper handling
· Saddle Stitching
· Perfect Binding
· Packing and dispatch
· Cleaning and general maintenance
During this time you will report to our Production Director, but be expected to work and interact with all members of our staff.
We are looking for someone with the desired skills:
· Must be a team player
· Friendly Approach
· Able to work to tight deadlines
· Thrives under pressure
· Keen to learn new skills
· Hands on
· Proactive with an eye for detail
· Confident handling machinery
What you will gain:
· An NVQ in Print Finishing
· Technical Certificate in Print and Graphic Communication
· Functional Skills where required
Please contact Jim Algar firstname.lastname@example.org
Saddle Stitch Operator
The Opportunity for an experienced saddle stitch operator to join the business has arisen. You will be responsible for overseeing the operation of producing Saddle stitched products.
We are looking for an individual who has a mechanical aptitude, extensive knowledge and or awareness of quality control and would be able to keep detailed records of any quality issues. You must be reliable, follow written and verbal instructions effectively and able to take initiative whilst operating the machinery.
Your duties will include but not limited to:
- Examining job orders to determine the quantities, stock specifications and any special instructions.
- Operating machines effectively and safely according to standards to achieve product specifications.
- Achieve competency and meet standards in regards to make-ready and run times as established by the company.
- Conducting regular inspections and maintenance of machines.
- Checking the quality and conformance to specifications of products.
- Keeping records of products produced
You will report to the Bindery Manager.
Please contact Jim Algar, Director of Manufacturing email@example.com
We regularly recruit new team members across all departments; to be considered for future opportunities, please contact